The Schwarzman Scholars program seeks a talented Academic Coordinator to support the Academic team. Based in our New York office, the Academic Coordinator will work in collaboration with team members both in New York and at Schwarzman College (SC), to implement and assist with Academic programs, internal and external communications, meeting coordination, data management, and administrative support to the Senior Director for Academic Programs.
The incumbent possesses strong interpersonal, organizational, writing, project management, and computer skills, and has familiarity and experience with administrative support to global stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Passion for Schwarzman Scholars mission
- At least 2-3 years of demonstrated success working as a team member
- Strong communication skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Keen attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Comfort with working outside of traditional work hours, given time difference with Beijing
- Adaptability to unforeseen circumstances and team member or stakeholder work styles
- Strong sense of personal accountability and follow-through
- Ability to work independently and as part of a strategic team
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, strong work ethic, and high degree of professionalism
- Ability to set, meet, and communicate competing priorities, timelines, and deadlines
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems not required, but a plus
- Knowledge of China and Mandarin Chinese not required, but a plus