McLarty Associates is seeking a motivated, resourceful, highly organized individual for a full-time, entry-level Associate position to support our China practice. We are seeking to fill this position immediately.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- providing administrative support for China practice directors (coordinating and maintaining schedules, completing expense reports, event planning, making travel arrangements, etc.);
- engaging with and providing support to clients, as needed;
- monitoring regional news outlets;
- conducting research and analysis of economic, political, security, trade, technology, public policy, international, and business issues;
- writing memos, compiling biographies, preparing presentations;
- coordinating with our Beijing office;
- attending and reporting on events, speeches, panel discussions, and policy forums of interest to the firm and its clients;
- other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates for this position possess an understanding of the economic, cultural, business, and political dynamics in China, and a familiarity with China’s diplomacy and international commerce. Applicants must have a robust background, demonstrated interest, and/or experience living or studying in China. Fluency in Mandarin Chinese (reading, writing, speaking) is required. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.