The Jamestown Foundation is offering a paid internship (stipend) for Summer 2019 to assist the Editor-in-Chief of China Brief in preparing and sending out the bi-weekly publication. Duties include minor copy editing, updating the Jamestown Foundation website, assisting the Editor in outreach to the China policy community via social media, researching topics related to Chinese security and East Asia, as well as assisting the Foundation with the organization of special conferences and events. The ideal candidate will be a current undergraduate or graduate school student with an interest in Chinese affairs and some Chinese language skills.
- Close attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with minimal oversight.
- Good research skills and a solid understanding of political/security/economic developments and trends in China, Sino-American relations, and the greater Asian region.
- Editing skills in order to assist the Editor-in-Chief in publishing the Jamestown Foundation’s biweekly publication, China Brief.
- Must be physically located in the Washington, DC, area and be able to work part-time at the Jamestown office in downtown Washington.
- Be able to devote a minimum of between 20 to 25 hours a week to assist the China Brief Editor with his duties and help out on other ongoing Jamestown projects.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken language at the level of a native English speaker.
- Familiarity with WordPress or other website backend applications, a plus.
- A strong presence on social media and/or familiarity with social media platforms and outreach.
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese preferred.
For more information, or to apply for this opening, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter, and use the e-mail subject heading China Brief Intern.