China Fellow 2022 – Amnesty International
Full Job Description
The China Fellow will have the opportunity to work on U.S. federal policy advocacy on human rights issues in China, Hong Kong, and Xinjiang. The fellowship will be based in Washington, D.C., starting in October 2022. The fellowship is full-time and requires a one-year commitment (through October 2023).
The China Fellow will work with AIUSAs Advocacy and Government Affairs Team and will be supervised by the Asia advocacy director and the National Director for Advocacy and Government Affairs. The Fellows responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Developing and implementing advocacy strategies and materials;
Liaising with governmental bodies and officials to advance advocacy and legislative goals;
Conducting research relating to bills, congressional hearings, markups, and committee and floor votes;
Attending and reporting on relevant Congressional briefings and hearings and relevant civil society events;
Drafting memoranda, briefs, blogs, opeds, and other short-form analyses;
Monitoring and analyzing emergent areas of relevant law and government policy;
Representing AIUSA in speaking and media engagements; and
Supporting AIUSAs human rights advocacy agenda.
- Bachelors degree and 2-3 years of experience or demonstrated familiarity with human rights in China;
- Excellent English-language written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent research, writing, and analytic skills, including demonstrated ability to produce under time pressure;
- Proactive problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience with political advocacy and/or grassroots activism is also desirable.ce:
- Bachelors degree in East Asian studies, Chinese history, international relations, or related area.
- Working proficiency (written and oral) in Chinese Mandarin.
- Work or volunteer experience in China.
Link to original posting: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?clientkey=FACBA214DB8B6B051E8C6DC04E56D67A&job=34343&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=idealist