Link to original posting: https://sosi.dejobs.org/vienna-va/cira-fall-fellowship-china/16902936EE1D4CD2A642CBD027F7A17F/job/
Exovera’s Center for Intelligence Research and Analysis (CIRA) Fellowship is a professional program that aims to train the next generation of national security analysts. CIRA Fellows will be taught cutting edge tradecraft in open-source intelligence by our resident subject matter experts, work alongside seasoned analysts, and participate in tradecraft workshops.
This semester-long paid fellowship is intended for current students and young professionals who are familiar with U.S. national security perspectives on China and have demonstrable experience working with foreign language materials.
Exovera’s fellowship expands our successful summer program to include options for students to continue the fellowship through the semester. CIRA can work with applicants to earn independent study or internship program course credit in coordination with the applicant’s university.
- Identify and collect data for the purpose of analysis and creating finished reports
- Collect data for the purpose of analysis and creating finished reports
- Develop an understanding of the key sources in area of responsibility, monitor select sources as directed, identify key items for research and analysis, create summaries or reports for items of interest, and identify potential new data sources
- Analyze disparate intelligence and extract meaning or relevance
- Must be prepared and qualified to provide occasional translation services: the translation of written electronic and multimedia material to and from English and the source language materials include, but are not limited to social media, business, legal, technical documents, and newspapers
- Eligible for a U.S. government clearance
- Bachelor’s degree is required; in progress or completed graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years experience providing analytic support
- Must possess advanced Chinese language skills to read, and sometimes translate, Chinese on a daily basis. Evidence of language capability determined by standardized testing scores (ILR 2+ for reading and listening or equivalent) and/or by work experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience translating and gisting general and technical foreign language material
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Ability to work individually or in teams
- Travel: Dunn Loring Station (orange line); free parking garage available on-site
- Hybrid work schedule: in-person and remote
- Flexible hours, non-shift work