Energy Foundation seeks a Grants Officer for China to manage and execute the tactical and strategic aspects of grantmaking and contracting for Energy Foundation China. This role reports to the Senior Director of Grants and is part of the Grants Management team based in EF’s San Francisco office.
As an expert in, and advocate for grants management best practices, the Grants Officer, China will ensure efficient and effective grantmaking while documenting and assessing current practice. A priority project for the Grants Officer, China will be to assess the current grants management system (GMS) with support from the U.S.-based Grants Management team and in consultation with the Operations and Program teams at EF China. Expected follow-on work would be to identify and recommend a replacement GMS, migrate current grantmaking to the new system, and train and support staff in the use of the new system. The Grants Officer, China will facilitate stakeholder engagement across the EF China team to design, develop, implement, and integrate grant tracking technologies, workflows, and data management systems while being aware of the constraints of applying technological solutions within China, particularly for grantees.
- Deep understanding of grants and contracting policies, systems, and processes that comply with U.S. laws and regulations.
- Practical understanding of 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and how public charities are regulated in the U.S. – particularly grant-making and grant-receiving organizations.
- Strong systems orientation; a track record of improving and enhancing grants management technologies, and awareness of platforms on the market.
- Ability to maintain data within a database and to produce high-quality reports with keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to develop and implement complex projects, are essential.
- Strong pluses are Mandarin-language skills; and/or an understanding of, and affinity for, Chinese culture.