The Government Affairs Director is part of the International Government Affairs team in Washington, D.C. The focus of this role will be on government affairs, intellectual property and international trade in the Asian market (with emphasis on Japan and China). The role will interact with Amgen colleagues who work on the federal and state government affairs teams as well as directly working with commercial and government affairs colleagues who work in Asia.
Doctorate and 4 years of government affairs experience
Master’s and 7 years of government affairs experience
Bachelor’s and 9 years of government affairs experience
- 8+ years of experience in lobbying the US Government and foreign governments, including and in particular Asian governments (particularly China and Japan), on pharmaceutical sector issues
- Lobbying experience in intellectual property and Asian health care systems
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate with little outside guidance in influencing peers and dealing with senior executives as well as with high-level government officials
- Experience working with trade associations
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Japanese and/or Chinese.