The SOCIAL SCIENCE PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR serves as Project Director, China Environment Forum, and will perform the following major duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct programmatic research for publication in English and Chinese (Mandarin) on China’s environmental and energy challenges and U.S.-China environmental and energy relations.
- Design long-range programming, planning and execution of seminars, workshops and conferences for the project.
- Deliver presentations that relate to subject-matter expertise in conferences, panels, high-level briefings, and media appearance.
- Cultivate partnerships and relationships with stakeholders to expand project resources.
- Oversees the administration and financial expenditures of the project.
- Collaborates on Center-wide projects, themes, special activities, and cross-cutting initiatives that advance the Center’s mission.
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet the (3) criteria below:
1. Selective Factor (SF):
Applicants who do not meet the TWO Selective Factors (SF) will not be eligible for further consideration for this position. This must be supported in your resume / CV and attaching a copy of your academic records showing conferral of the degree.
- An advanced degree (i.e., Masters, PhD) in Political Science, International Relations, Environmental Policy, or other fields related to China’s environmental and energy issues.
- Professional Level Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin)
- Speaking: Able to speak the language with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical, social, and professional topics (US State Department Level 3).
- Reading: Able to read standard newspaper items addressed to the general reader, routine correspondence, reports, and technical materials in the individual’s special field (US State Department Level 3).