The Chinese Flagship Program at University of Washington, Seattle, seeks to fill a Temporary Full-Time Program Coordinator position to begin as soon as possible or by 07/15/2020 at the latest. University of Washington (UW)’s Chinese Flagship program provides undergraduate students the opportunity to attain professional level language proficiency through classroom learning, extracurricular activities, and overseas study, including an entire year in China. Students can major in any of UW’s many fields of study while completing the requirements to achieve superior-level language skills and certification from The Language Flagship.
- Provide collaborative leadership in planning, developing, and implementing the program’s academic, pedagogical, and outreach activities, including:
- Tutor recruitment and training, and student application reviews.
- Carry out some administrative duties, including grant and budget writing, managing, maintaining, and monitoring the budget and providing financial reports as requested by the director or other decision makers.
- Facilitate program articulation with administrative structures, program promotion and recruitment, program staff supervision, and supervision of the program’s extra-curricular activities.
- Attend national meetings and travel abroad as needed. Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Arts & Sciences or any related field;
- Native/near-native proficiency in both English and Chinese;
- Familiarity with assessment and ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines and training and teaching experience in Chinese pedagogy, as well as prior experience in program administration in the U.S. preferred.
- Candidates must also be team players willing to collaborate and able to communicate well with diverse audiences.
- Experience in an institution of higher education
- Experience with UW systems