Alibaba.com, the original business within Alibaba Group, is the largest B2B marketplace in the world. It connects 60 million buyers and suppliers in 190 countries and regions across 40 major product categories. It’s one of the world’s top 3 most-visited business websites. Our NYC-based team is rapidly globalizing Alibaba.com, growing it for and among global customers (with an initial emphasis on North American customers), and leading it to triple-digit growth. We are expanding our products and services to help small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) operate more efficiently, grow more rapidly, and empower their local communities. Our team is diverse, collaborative, bold, and innovating in a $23.9 trillion global B2B market.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced Program Manager to manage the day-to-day operationalization of our brand and communication strategy. This individual will work cross-functionally and support all brand, marketing, communication and PR initiatives and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5 – 7 years of program management experience within an in-house brand management and integrated marketing organization, or in a consulting capacity.
- Fast learner and problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Unique blend of business, brand, marketing, and program management savvy .
- Analytical and agile, with the ability to learn fast in cross-cultural, cross-functional environment.
- Ability to function well in a fast paced (sometimes chaotic) environment under tight deadlines.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and push multiple projects forward simultaneously.
- Prior experience managing external partners.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to keep cross functional teams focused, motivated and on task.
- Support and lead teams to deliver and manage multiple complex projects and campaigns.
- Track record of achieving results.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of project and (some) financial management processes, workflow and terminology.
- Big-picture, strategic thinker with a keen eye for detail and a bias for action and organization.
- Experience in managing and negotiating contracts and budgets.
- B2B experience with an e-commerce background.
- Experience working in/with China.
- Reads and/or speaks Chinese.