CSIS seeks a research intern to support the Technology Policy Program. The Technology Policy Program conducts research on the social, economic, and security challenges created by emerging technologies to inform effective policy solutions and best practices. The Technology Policy Program is a leading voice on technology policy, partnering with the private sector and governments to provide pragmatic, data-driven analysis and recommendations written for a global audience. The Program’s research agenda includes cybersecurity; 5G networks and telecommunications; intelligence, surveillance, and privacy; data governance; artificial intelligence; emerging technology and innovation; and the political effect of the internet. Due to the fast-paced work environment, interns should be motivated self-starters that enjoy a wide variety of analytic and programmatic work.
- Must hold bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field;
- Demonstrated interest technology policy issues;
- Research experience;
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely, particularly about technical concepts;
- Strong professional communication and interpersonal skills with colleagues and high-level stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments under deadlines effectively;
- Demonstrated understanding of CSIS purpose and function, as well as a familiarity with the Technology Policy Program.