- 美国的中国化 - 金焱 October 8, 2019In this episode, we bring you a recording of our event with Jin Yan (金焱), Caijing magazine’s DC bureau chief. In her talk, Jin Yan shares her observations of America, gained during her seven eventful years in Washington DC reporting for one of China’s leading business magazines on topics ranging from politics, to economics, to society. This is […]
- The Future of U.S.-China Relations - Huang Ping October 19, 2018In this episode, we bring you a recording of our recent event with Dr. Huang Ping, senior research professor at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS). This lecture focuses on perspectives from China on U.S.-China relations and where the relationship is heading.
- The New Southbound Policy and U.S.-Taiwan Relations — Dr. Chen Ping-Kuei September 26, 2018In this episode, we bring you a recording of our recent event with Dr. Chen Ping-Kuei, assistant professor in the Department of Diplomacy at National Chengchi University. This lecture focuses on the Tsai administration's Southbound Policy, an aim to strengthen ties with countries in Southeast, South, and Austral-Asia. This is a helpful lecture for anyone wanting to […]
This Week’s Suyu in Xi Jinping’s Speeches
- 肝胆相照 | gān dǎn xiāng zhào February 18, 2021Meaning: to treat one another with absolute sincerity; to show total devotion Original: “在抗击疫情的非常时刻，各民主党派、工商联和无党派人士坚定不移同中国共产党想在一起、站在一起、干在一起，同舟共济、肝胆相照，为打赢疫情防控阻击战出主意、想办法，为中共中央科学决策、民主决策提供了重要参考。” Source: February 1, 2021 习近平同党外人士共迎新春
- 集思广益 | jí sī guǎng yì January 28, 2021Meaning: to draw upon all useful opinions; to profit from widespread suggestions; to pool wisdom for mutual benefit Original: “凡事预则立，不预则废。我们要着眼长远、把握大势，开门问策、集思广益，研究新情况、作出新规划。” Source: January 15, 2021《求是》: 正确认识和把握中长期经济社会发展重大问题
- 一成不变｜yī chéng bù biàn January 19, 2021This idiom was used in a January 12 人民网 report recapping Xi Jinping’s speech at the opening ceremony of the 省部级主要领导干部学习贯彻党的十九届五中全会精神专题研讨班 . Meaning: nothing much changes; always the same / stuck in a rut Original: ” 社会主义初级阶段不是一个静态、一成不变、停滞不前的阶段，也不是一个自发、被动、不用费多大气力自然而然就可以跨过的阶段，而是一个动态、积极有为、始终洋溢着蓬勃生机活力的过程，是一个阶梯式递进、不断发展进步、日益接近质的飞跃的量的积累和发展变化的过程。” Source: http://cpc.people.com.cn/n1/2021/0112/c64094-31996401.html
- Gong Zheng March 23, 2020Member of the 19th CPC Central Committee; Governor of Shandong Province; Mayor of Shanghai
- Liu Xiaoming March 1, 2020Chinese Ambassador to the United Kingdom of the Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Wang Zhonglin February 14, 2020Secretary of the Wuhan CPC Municipal Committee
Council on Foreign Relations
- A Conversation With Adam Smith May 16, 2023U.S. Representative Adam Smith discusses the future of U.S. defense priorities, including continued support for Ukraine from the United States and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
- Virtual Roundtable: Healthcare Worker Shortages on National Disaster Preparedness May 5, 2023
- Tackling an Evolving Threat Landscape: Homeland Security in 2023 April 21, 2023Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas reflects on the twenty years since the Department of Homeland Security’s formation and reviews the evolving security challenges of today and tomorrow, including the steps being taken to prepare for potential threats like the swift development of artificial intelligence and rise in nation-state aggression.